Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Paleo Zuchinni Rolls/Muffins





Sweet Paleo Zuchinni Rolls.

These are very nice. I just whipped this recipe up because i had some leftover Paleo hamburger bun batter (I'll post that recipe soon, too). Because it's based on leftover batter the measurements are, well, less than precise, but hey give it a try.

Here goes:

Mixed some almond butter (3/4 cup) with some (4) egg yolks. Whip up some egg whites (4, from the yolks, to help make them stiffen add a touch of cream of tartar) until they are semi- stiff. Stir in a dry mixture of 1/4-1/2 cup of ground almond flour (I also added a couple of macadamia nuts as well), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp aluminum free baking powder. Mix well. It should be a smooth batter with some stick-like consistency. Add about 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded zucchini, mix in well. Stir in some cinnamon and all spice. Mix well. Pour into greased muffin tin and bake in a 350 F preheated oven for about 30 minutes. They will rise a little, so don't overfill your muffin slots. You know they will be done if a knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the muffin/roll.

I do have to say, these are pretty good. I guinea pigged them on my wife and her friend, who is visiting from Delaware, and they both enjoyed them. My wife asked for a second whole roll and it was gone, quickly. She also scarfed one down with breakfast this morning. A little jam, butter, or just plain Jane, they are good. I had a little piece of hers this corning, that's all she would share with me, just kidding.

These would actually be a very nice compliment to a dinner as well as for dessert or with breakfast. For example, these could be, in my opinion, a nice compliment to chili in place of a corn bread muffin. Could also serve on the side with some salmon or even another meat like steak. It would add a little sweet relief to anything that might have some spice going on up in it. The other thing i contemplated WRT to these bad boys is croutons. Since I've bee eating salad with just about every meal, i thought chopping one of these up into littler pieces and toasting in the broiler or oven, they might make a nice crouton. However, we've only got two left and i don't think they are going to last the day.

Enjoy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment