Monday, July 19, 2010

Sausage Gravy!


Well, there it is. It doesn't look like much, but it tastes pretty darn good. It was easy to make too, here's how you do it....

Brown some sausage. I used locally slaughtered sausage links, but in the future I would use ground sausage because I think it would taste a whole love better. After the sausage is just about done browning coat with some finely ground arrow root. My arrow root actually went rotten :-( so I used some aluminum free baking soda and a touch of baking powder, like less than a 1/16th of a teaspoon. Once it got coated with the oils from the sausage, I reduced the heat and added about a cup, give or take, of coconut milk. Use a light flavored coconut milk, my gravy ended up tasting very coconut-y, which I like, but a lighter flavored C-milk will help alleviate that issue. Saute until the milk thickens. You will need to stir it on occasion. 

This was great over the mashed cauliflower we had with dinner last night, as well as over the nut flour fried chicken cutlets. This would also be good over a Paleo muffin as a Paleo version of biscuits and gravy. Now that, to me, just sounds perfect. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete