Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sesame Crusted Wild Caught Tilapia with Protein Power Salad!


I am on a huge wild caught fish kick lately. I eat about one fillet of fish, almost every day for lunch. Usually I have it alongside a huge salad, steamed vegetables, or leftover vegetables from the night before. Today I had Sesame Crusted Wild Caught Tilapia along side a huge salad that I am calling the Protein Power Salad, which I will explain why in just a moment. 


Sesame Crusted Wild Caught Tilapia
Take one 4-6 oz fillet of wild caught tilapia, toss in a teaspoon or two of coconut oil and coat with sesame seeds and seasoning (think garlic powder, pepper, etc). Fry in a pan for about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillet. The meat should flake when pushed with a fork and appear white and flaky not clear and fleshy. 




Protein Power Salad
This was great, if I say so myself. But then, like I'm on a fish kick, I also appear to be on somewhat of a salad kick as well. So, toss a handful of fresh mixed greens in a bowl. Top with chopped tomatoes and 1-2 tbs of flax seed. Then top with 1 sliced hard boiled egg and sliced turkey pepperoni. I made a dressing that I also used on the tilapia by combining equal parts olive oil and coconut milk and stirring in some of my favorite spice like Beaumont seasoning, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper. 

It doesn't get much better than this for lunch and the whole deal tool about 10, maybe 15, minutes from prep to mouth. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete