Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baked Cod with broccoli soup and root vegetable straws


Baked Cod with Broccoli Soup and Root Vegetable Straws
This recipe was inspired by a trip to IKEA, no seriously. I got to thinking about a cuisine we don't often have: Swedish Food. My wife and I love Sweden, not so much for the food as just it's a gorgeous place, so I figured I would try my hand at it. 

I posted the Broccoli Soup recipe previously, so I won't repeat that here. Just know that this soup can be served warm or cold, and the fish could be served either on the side, as we did, or actually in pieces in the soup. 

To bake the Cod simply place two large wild caught cod fillets into a glass casserole dish. Season with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and some seafood seasoning (dried onion, dried garlic, dried lemon peel parsely). Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes (the fish should flake easy with the push of a fork). Serve with a lemon slice garnish.

Root Vegetable Staws: shred and/or finely slice 1 sweet potato and 3 medium parsnips. Season with garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, and season salt. Spread relatively evenly on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F for about 45 minutes. These can go in the oven at the same time the fish is cooking. Bake longer if you like your straws crispy, like we do. I put my straws in the oven about 7-10 minutes before putting in the fish, then they both come out at the same time and the straws are crispy. Great for dipping in the soup!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment