Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jalapeno Clementine Sea Bass Steak


So, it's "fish week" at home. We're trying to eat fish at least 4-5 times this week. Trying to keep it interesting and not eat the same fish day in and day out so today I went to the Asian Market (Super H mart, love!) and bought some wild caught Sea bass steaks. I marinated them in a combo of honey, olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper, 1 packet of Stevia, garlic powder, sesame oil, and the juice from one clementime (+ clementine zest and a few pieces of clementines). I also added oven-roasted jalapeno. To roast simply de-seed, slice into strips, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and ground pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes at 400ºF, or until browned. Cut up into pieces and add to the marinade. When it's time to cook, I simply grilled the fish. On a medium heat grill it took about 4-6 minutes per side.

We served us with roasted green beans and snap peas and 1/2 Korean yam that was oven roasted.

Not my prettiest meal, but it tasted pretty good if I say so myself. I think Austen liked it too. :-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment